[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles • View topic - Female Eagle

Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles

NESTI (Norfolk Eagle Support Team International)
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Female Eagle
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:49 pm 

Image taken last weekend of the female as she flew around Lake Whitehurst.

They have not left the Lake Whitehurst area but they are not seen inside NBG much. I've had people say it might not be a good idea to talk about them and where they've been seen but I don't agree with it...I think many people are being paranoid and the USDA-Ws probably sees them more than anyone else but there's not much they can do about an eagle flying around.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Female Eagle
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:59 pm 

It seems to me that if they were to nest in someone's yard, there wouldn't be anything that could be done about it. Great pic by the way! Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Duane. It's nice to see her.

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France

http://www.eaglesandnature.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:32 am 

dordrus wrote:
It seems to me that if they were to nest in someone's yard, there wouldn't be anything that could be done about it. Great pic by the way! Thanks!

Only time will tell if this is the case. Nesting season is going to start soon for eagles in this area and when their activity picks up so is the pressure the USDA-WS has been putting on them. There isn't much city property left for the eagles to turn to so private property is the next move for them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:10 pm 

She's truly grown into a beautiful eagle and I thank you for posting the picture Duane! Wherever they choose to nest (and I pray they do!) I hope they are left alone and in peace.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:48 am 
Site Admin

Thanks so much for posting pic, Duane.
I read a Facebook post about a week ago, and was so glad to see your eagle shots again. I enjoy all your posts but especially your wildlife ones! Thanks.

M