[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles • View topic - Friday, June 22, 2012

Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles

NESTI (Norfolk Eagle Support Team International)
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Friday, June 22, 2012
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:36 am 
Site Admin

THE LAST TIME THE EAGLES WERE SEEN AT THE NEST WAS MONDAY MORNING. IF THEY DON'T MAKE AN APPEARANCE TODAY, THIS WILL BE MY LAST LOG FOR THE SEASON.....DEEJAY'S DAILY OBSERVATIONS WILL TAKE A BREAK UNTIL THE NEXT SEASON BEGINS IN JANUARY........if we still have the cam that is.

Temp: 77 degrees

Today:
Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 90F with a heat index of 95F. Winds from the SW at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
Tonight:
Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain in the evening, then mostly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. Low of 72F. Winds from the SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Civil Twilight: 5:15 AM EDT 8:58 PM EDT

05:25 Empty nest
05:35 Night cam turned off
06:13 Sunrise beginning it's glow on the nest tree painting it with a pastel orange coloring
08:55 Well, if this morning is any indicator, looks like another day of no eagles on the cam. Here's hoping though
11:00 No action still at the nest. Have a bunch of work to do right now so if anything happens, any updates from the ground....please post. Thanks
15:05 Taking a break from work and checking the cam....nest still empty
Reese Lukei wrote:
15:15 Reese: Report from Joe Foreman at NBG - male eagle has been sitting all day in the 2008 camera tree. Unfortunately we cannot see him with our camera because that is directly behind our camera tree.

Norfolk Botanical Garden wrote:
15:39 Norfolk Botanical Garden: Raining hard at the Garden right now.
16:12 Norfolk Botanical Garden: Garden tour - rain to the left, rain to the right, rain in the background. Everything is wet. hope you enjoyed that quick spin. :)
16:26 Norfolk Botanical Garden: security truck going through - have got most people out of the weather but keep checking.
16:32 Norfolk Botanical Garden: we are having intermittent issues with our connection
16:40 Norfolk Botanical Garden: we have lost the cam for right now.
16:44 Norfolk Botanical Garden: I have currently shut down the feed to WVEC. The cam will need to be reset once the storm has passed. Maybe later this afternoon, maybe tomorrow.
17:15 Norfolk Botanical Garden: The cam is currently down. The feed to WVEC is turned off. I will need to reset the camera at the tree. Given the current conditions and the slow moving storms, I do not expect it to be done tonight. I must travel through several flood prone areas to get home so will leave when I have a chance since I expect a long journey home. I will try to get the cam back online sometime tomorrow. Thank you for your patience

WILL POST VIDEO CLIP OF THE STORM AT THE GARDEN ..... JUST CLICK"

THIS HAS BEEN ONE HECK OF A SEASON.....EXCITING, FRUSTRATING, WONDROUS AND LOTS OF FIRST TIME THINGS THAT WE'VE GOT TO EXPERIENCE. I REALLY THINK THIS IS ONE SEASON THAT WON'T SOON BE FORGOTTEN AND HOPEFULLY, PAPERS WILL BE WRITTEN BY THE EXPERTS WHO HAVE ALSO EXPERIENCED SO MANY FIRSTS AT THIS OR ANY NEST, AT LEAST FIRST TIME CAUGHT ON CAM.

I'M A BIT SAD TO SEE THE SEASON END BUT ALSO LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING INVOLVED IN SEVERAL OTHER PROJECTS THIS SUMMER, MANY THAT HAVE ALREADY STARTED (keeping me pretty busy I might add). I'D LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR READING THE DAILY OBS EVEN THOUGH I SOMETIMES DO GET CARRIED AWAY. YOUR KINDS WORDS ARE APPRECIATED GREATLY.

IF WE'RE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE A CAM NEXT SEASON, I'LL BE HERE. PRAYING FOR A WONDERFUL NEW SEASON WITH BABIES AND NO DRAMA FROM INTRUDING EAGLES. CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO BEGIN AGAIN.

THANKS AGAIN FOR SHARING THIS EXCITING SEASON WITH ME, OUR WONDERFUL PHOTOGRAPHERS AND THE NORFOLK BOTANICAL FORUM.

PS:
If they do show up and I capture it....I will post. ;)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:34 am 

Deejay, really going to miss checking in with you first thing in the morning. Sure do hope we have the cam and 'nest' next year.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:56 am 
Site Admin

I'm going to miss doing the daily updates. Always takes me a couple of weeks to get used to not updating the daily observations. The good part is it will be nice sleeping later. LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:26 am 

DeeJay - where will we post ground updates like this ?
10:13
Comment From Shutterbugbob
Male has been flying back and forth from eagle alley to what I call "mom's tree" behind the nest. He seems to have finally decided the shade was perfect in mom's tree and looks like he'll be there a whie. It's HOT out here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:07 am 
Site Admin

Rose, any updates from the ground can be posted in Live Observations while my daily log is down. That would really be awesome too and give me something to catch up on.

I really appreciate you updating from the ground reports, Rose.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:04 pm 

Thank you, DeeJay, for your dedication to the eagles and Eagle cam. I love reading your daily updates, and seeing all the photos and videos. Take a well-earned rest, and hope to see your updates again in January!! ♥♥

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:49 pm 

Thank You, DeeJay. I read your entry everyday. Will miss your obervations and quips! Fingers crossed for the future reportings. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:50 pm 

Thanks DeeJay, so much for all your hard work this season. You certainly are tops in what you do, plus all the things you do in your church. God bless you and hope to see you back next season --- if we have the cam.

They do not truly love who do not show their love.--Shakespeare

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:01 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so much for all your hard work! I truly appreciate being able to check your post and find out what I've missed!

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France

http://www.eaglesandnature.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:26 pm 

Thank you so much DeeJay - my mornings won't be the same until next season not being able to see you're words of eagle glory. Enjoy yourself, don't work to hard, and stay in touch.

You are most definitely one in a million.

Stay well and good luck with your summer/fall endeavors

Hugs....

Enjoy each day, we don't know what tomorrow holds for us

I have purpose, photography and nature are in my blood now....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:37 pm 

Dee Jay,

Thanks so much for your daily updates. For those of us who can't see the nest during the day, it is always great to be able to keep up in the evening. It is always sad to see the season end. This season has been quite different from the others, to say the least!! You diligently kept us updated on all the comings and goings of the females and our beloved Dad. Not an easy task, for sure! Here's hoping that we have a cam next year and that Dad sticks with #3 during the 'off season' and that come 2013, they have some bobbleheads for us all to ohh and ahh over, as we have in past years. Dee Jay, enjoy the 'off season' and we'll be looking forward to seeing your posts again next season. You are the best!!!

Violet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:27 am 

Thank you Dee Jay. I have looked forward to your posts EVERYDAY. You have made me smile so many times when I look at your cam posts and the eagles are there. Have a wonderful summer, and I am hoping for a return of DeeJay's Daily Observations next eagle season.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:10 am 

DeeJay, thank you so much for your daily reports, especially the beautiful sunrise pictures. Your log is a useful, interesting, entertaining, educational part of the nest cam experience. Will miss you until next season (fingers crossed). Have a delightful summer.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:24 pm 

Deb...there isn't much I can add to the above sentiments. I cannot think of another single person that contributes as much to the documentation of daily nest activity as you...your dedication really is unequaled.

Thank you for being there for every single twist and turn of the action for so many years!

For the animals shall not be measured by man ~ They are not our brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth ~ Henry Beston

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:19 pm 

DeeJay, I have nothing original to say either, so just THANK YOU for allll that hard work and getting up early and going to bed late and funny captions and wonderful caps and video and just generally always being there!!!!!!! See you next season :D