[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles • View topic - How to Make Screen Captures

Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles

NESTI (Norfolk Eagle Support Team International)
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:25 am 

Please share any tips you have for making screen captures. These are just the links I found.

Mac:
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/t ... -os-x.html

XP and Vista:
http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screensho ... ft-Windows

XP:
http://www.computing.net/howto/simple/printscreen/

Vista:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Window ... 41033.mspx

There are also free shareware programs such as Fraps and Capture Wiz (limited version) but I'm not as familiar with those.

Refer to the tutorial Inserting Photos in a Post to share your captures on the forum.

For the animals shall not be measured by man ~ They are not our brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth ~ Henry Beston

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:29 pm 

http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/ad22 ... 1410-1.jpg WILL NOT POST PIC ON PUTER AT WORK - WILL HAVE TO FIX AT HOME.LIKE TO HAVE NEVER GOT TO POST LINK :lol:

In case - anyone else is having the same problem as me LOL. Could not do screen caps of anything WM player based. They were coming up as black square. After many wasted hours searching - I found something that this second is working for me. :idea: :idea:
Right click cam picture. Select "options". Set the slide for video acceleration half way between none and full. Then click OK.
Started out at none and worked my way up to half way with slide.

This is my disclaimer - read , tired of reading - experiment. :o :o :o :o :o This in no way should resemble a professional way to make something work for you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The proof is in the picture :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:03 pm 

OK home now :lol:

this is the one after slowing down the video acceleration in media player -

For some reason during cam "TEST" last week - I could do screen shots , when cam came up to stay could not anymore.
So after slowing down the acceleration to 1/2 was able to capture this shot.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

I can take screen caps!!! I still have "cropper" on my computer, which I believe was a free download. It only gave me black boxes last year when I tried to do s'caps with it. I just tried it and it worked! Yay!!!

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France

http://www.eaglesandnature.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:21 pm 

Great Chris - the more the merrier :D I have had no problem with the flashed bases (like Miss Phoebe) - but this windows wuz givin me a fit. :o

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:03 pm 

screen caps = windows XP
1- pull up microsoft PAINT and minimiZe
2- take screen to full (right click cam picture pick zoom / full screen)
3- wait till you see what you wanna capture & hit print screen
4 - maximiZe paint / edit / paste
5 - in windows paint select file .... save as.... title of picture
6- I use photo bucket to upload my caps to edit / resize/ and put into album

limericc does this help ????????????????

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

Today, cropper was giving me the black screen again. I haven't changed anything, so I don't know why that happened. Maybe WVEC changed something about what they are sending. Anyway, I followed Dixie's suggestion about the video acceleration, and it worked! Hopefully, I won't have any more problems.

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:33 pm 

I have been playing with Cropper and browsers. I notice the player window is larger in Internet Explorer (IE) than it is in Firefox. And I can increase the size of the player in IE but not firefox. Bigger s'caps in IE! I find that Cropper is more versatile than the Snipping Tool in Vista by far. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:58 pm 

Tracy - read this tutorial - screen caps so easy - I can do :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:53 pm 

It's easy but does work my computer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:14 pm 

dixiemom wrote:
screen caps = windows XP
1- pull up microsoft PAINT and minimiZe
2- take screen to full (right click cam picture pick zoom / full screen)
3- wait till you see what you wanna capture & hit print screen
4 - maximiZe paint / edit / paste
5 - in windows paint select file .... save as.... title of picture
6- I use photo bucket to upload my caps to edit / resize/ and put into album

limericc does this help ????????????????

For some reason when I paste into paint I get the live action not a screen cap. Any ideas ?? I just see the eagle moving arounf in the nest or what ever...

Thanks Dixie!

Life's a Broken Winged Bird
That Can not Fly

http://www.danalusherphotos.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:17 pm 

dixiemom wrote:

In case - anyone else is having the same problem as me LOL. Could not do screen caps of anything WM player based. They were coming up as black square. After many wasted hours searching - I found something that this second is working for me. :idea: :idea:
Right click cam picture. Select "options". Set the slide for video acceleration half way between none and full. Then click OK.

This is my disclaimer - read , tired of reading - experiment. :o :o :o :o :o This in no way should resemble a professional way to make something work for you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DANA TRY THIS THEY WERE COMING UP AS BLACK SQUARE BECAUSE MINE WERE ""LIVE"" AS WELL. SLOWING THE ACCELERATION MADE IT WORK FOR ME.

Last edited by dixiemom on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:21 pm 

That's the same problem I'm having.

Robin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:46 pm 

dixiemom wrote:
dixiemom wrote:

DANA TRY THIS THEY WERE COMING UP AS BLACK SQUARE BECAUSE MINE WERE ""LIVE"" AS WELL. SLOWING THE ACCELERATION MADE IT WORK FOR ME.

Woo Hoo! Dixie! It worked!! Thanks!! How do you get multiple screen caps. It takes too long that way to grab them so close together. I wonder what that secret is?? Thank you so much I have been frustrated by this for months.

Dana

Life's a Broken Winged Bird
That Can not Fly

http://www.danalusherphotos.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

I downloaded this free thing called "cropper" which lets you capture as fast as you can click... You still have to set the acceleration to halfway to keep from getting the black square.