[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles • View topic - Triple Eagle Release 7-25-2009

Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles

NESTI (Norfolk Eagle Support Team International)
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:55 pm 

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT and GREAT!!!

Glad you made it home... in only 18 hours! That must be a record :!: :lol: :!: I-95 is my least favorite road of all times. I had a long delay on it today from Ashland to I-295. NEVER FAILS to amaze me why all of the craziest drivers in the USA all seem to travel I-95 and cause all of the trouble. :roll: (self excluded and NBG folks excluded, too)

Sorry about the heat :( :( But, I know the experience was fantastic. What size crowd turned out? Good for the WCV, but I feel like you do about crowds. :x

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:06 pm 

sorry about the heat, the crowd and the TRAFFIC - but so glad you got to see the eagles be released . Hope you whispered my good wishes for a long peaceful life to all 3. Beautiful pics - thanks for sharing Dixie :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:17 pm 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU duane for doing the 18 hours and not letting me down with some photo's and update .. sounds like been a great day and look forward after you've napped to seeing more ..

Angels walk with us always

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:30 pm 

What? No crowd shots with ambiance?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:04 am 

Beautiful shots, Duane!!! My husband, a non eagleholic, saw the release on the CBS :?: national evening news tonight! I missed it. Where was I? No comment! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:59 am 

Thank you Duane for taking these great pics. The setting was beautiful and the eagles did what they do best. The third was my favorite - seemed to fly in slow motion right over our heads. Wonder if they have figured out yet that there is no cage around them and food is something you find? Look forward to all the photos. What a wonderful, once in a lifetime day, shared with great friends.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:13 am 

Beautiful Shots Duane!! You must have had a hardhat on. Ed would never let me stand in front, lest his tiny birdie decide to land on my head. :lol:

What an experience this day must have been...

Life's a Broken Winged Bird
That Can not Fly

http://www.danalusherphotos.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:18 am 

Oh even bigger thank you for posting more and the little dog is a cutie.. but love all the photos ..done good me man and thank you again

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:15 am 

What a day......horrible traffic..intense heat....bigggg crowd....but when those eagles took flight it was worth every second of discomfort. You could sense the crowd collectively holding their breath, then the "goooooo eagle goooooooo" as Ed Clark lifted his arms to finally release each eagle...then applause as each one found it's wings and soared to freedom again.

Duane..I hope you won't be offended if I share your space for just a couple shots....crowd ambience for Pete?

Ed Clark with representatives from the Monacan Nation. Kenneth Branham - Tribal Chief & Chairman is in the center.

and then.....after a lonnnnng hot day of book signing

after getting permission I'd like to share one more photo......Team Huwa - Randy and his wife Jackie

eta: Duane.....I think I forgot to mention I'm in awe of the pictures you captured! Image

For the animals shall not be measured by man ~ They are not our brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth ~ Henry Beston

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:14 am 

Ahhhhhh Duane THANK YOU for sharing the wonderful photos......just glad I wasn't in that crowd..... :lol: nope, not even jealous that I couldn't be there!

Eagle photos amazing and awesome...nothing more to be said than that THANK YOU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:16 am 

THANK YOU ANN.....ya done good, girl ! thanks for sharing your photos also

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:30 am 

this seems like a perfect place for all the eagle release shots . . less hunting thru the forum :P ;) :lol:
But I totally understand separate threads & can't wait to see all the other photog pix from this . . .I can almost HEAR all the post-processing clicks :lol:

THANKS for the crowd-uncontrol :? shots Ann & Duane . . . I'm actually OK with NOT being there . . .'cept it sure woulda been nice to see the release in person :roll:

Nice capture of the "author" in repose, Ann . . . and cute shot of Randy & Mrs Randy in a very animated conversation :D
Wish I'd known CBS was gonna cover it, I might have stayed inside to see it 8-) :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:10 pm 

BIG THANK YOU to you as well Ann.. hate crowds and don't think seen so many people there .. mind you it was history in the making .. wonderful shots of everything as always .. Brill day and worth all the hassle ..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:44 pm 

Thanks Duane for the pic of our dog Truffles!
I must admit I was spoiled from the earlier, personable releases and so was disappointed that my Mom was not able to get closer to seeing the eagles. Way too many people there but understand what Randy & Ed are doing.
We had a great time and enjoyed the picnic too! Go Eagles!! :lol:

Proud member of NESTI - Norfolk Eagle Support Team International

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:15 pm 
Site Admin

Some of my family came to the eagle release. My sister's boyfriend, Donald Lynch, took these pics and gave me permission to post them.

Eagle #1 (male - pretty small):

Eagle #2 (female)

Eagle #3 (female - she's large and Ed knew it! 12-13 pounds... Look at Ed's glasses in the first pic. The glasses are desinged to snap apart at the bridge, and they did! The eagle then gave him a follow-up wing to the face in the second pic!)

I took some video and some stills, but after the heat and getting home so late because of traffic I had a headache and haven't processed yet. I'll get to it at some point. When I post the video, I'll match each eagle to the story of its rescue.

Here's a news clip (story and 1:25 video) I found: http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=25&sid=1725670

Thanks to Jamie for giving me a lift to the event! It was great getting to know her and her mother and MrsREB!!

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France

http://www.eaglesandnature.blogspot.com/