[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles • View topic - Triple Eagle Release 7-25-2009

Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles

NESTI (Norfolk Eagle Support Team International)
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:29 pm 

All I can say is WOW..and please thank Donald for letting you share these. I could feel those heart racing release moments all over again viewing the great sequence of pics he caught. From my vantage point I missed all the close-up activity...I saw you near with your camcorder and have been waiting to see what you were able to capture. The delay in posting is understandable...I'm still recuperating from the drive and heat. Thanks Chris....it was good to see you again :D

For the animals shall not be measured by man ~ They are not our brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth ~ Henry Beston

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:38 pm 

Wonderful photo of your dog jamie .. It he/she a Larso ??

Angels walk with us always

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:43 pm 

Duane wrote:
annsva wrote:
Duane..I hope you won't be offended if I share your space for just a couple shots....

By all means....it beats searching the forum. I think keeping them all in one topic would be a great idea. :)

...in that case :lol: I really like this sequence of pictures shared by Susan, another NESTI I met for the first time yesterday. :D I think it gives a nice perspective of the release and the crowds response as the eagle flies.
Image Image
Image Image

For the animals shall not be measured by man ~ They are not our brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth ~ Henry Beston

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:46 pm 

WTG Donald and thanks you and Chris for sharing them .. They are really good and boy didn't nimber 3 get Ed a couple of times . Hope all those extra people hopefully helping the Eagles and others in the furture . Can't wait to see the other stuff Chris but you recover .. lot to take in and understand the headache .

Aslo a BIG thank you for the news report .. Spent HOURS this morning going through channel 13 and CBS ,, lol.. know more about your news than me own .. lol :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:53 pm 

Well another brill set of photo's / Susan these really show the crowd size behind Ed and baby ,, thanks for sharing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:20 pm 
Site Admin

Here's my stuff. I got a couple of good pics of the second one being banded:

And of course I shot video.

This is part of Ed's opening remarks. I had to limit each one to under 5 minutes because photobucket cuts them off. Plus, you can't hear him at the beginning because someone took a phone call right next to me and was talking very loud and they drowned out Ed. So, this is the part after that... (4:54)

This is the video of the first one being released. I didn't get the flight of this one very well because he was supposed to go toward the trees and instead he did a u-turn toward the water. Leave it to a man... :roll: :? :lol: (4:59):

The second one being released (2:22):

The third one being released (4:46):

Enjoy!

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France

http://www.eaglesandnature.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:58 pm 

Chris7 wrote:
Enjoy!

thanks Chris, I did!!...even with the crowd sounds your vids give an excellent feel for the event......well done :D

Have you considered using Youtube to post vids? You can post up to a 10 minute limit..or that use to be the limit..there have been some recent changes ..but you could check?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:46 pm 

Thanks Chris as always great vids :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:09 pm 

Good Job Chris. Thanks so much for sharing, almost felt like I was there.
Carolyn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:14 pm 
Photographer

Super Chris. Especially since I was down at the end of the row & couldn't hear him!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:19 pm 
Photographer

Eagle Wrangler!!

Randy is thinking "Ouch"

Last edited by Shelly on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:36 pm 

Thanks Chris. This is great for those of us that can't attend. As expected, I cried when each one flew. LOL Too tender-hearted. It is awesome to see them fly free. I wish for them a long , healthy life free of man that would do them harm. Thanks you so very much. Dixie :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:57 pm 

Thanks Shelly wonderful pics. It's wonderful to see them fly free. Dixie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

All I can say is WOW Shelly. These are great!

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France

http://www.eaglesandnature.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:29 pm 

Sure looks like the most differentest release I done ever seen...
Great pics Shelly!! I agree The last Birdie does not look happy...

Thanks for posting!!

Life's a Broken Winged Bird
That Can not Fly

http://www.danalusherphotos.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next