[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles • View topic - WCV visit

Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles

NESTI (Norfolk Eagle Support Team International)
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Just one
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:51 pm 

Isn't he just beautiful.

Thanks as always. Glad you are home safely.

Dixie

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:35 pm 

Duane - it has been a wonderful day from start to finish. What wonderful things we have seen today and so nice to share it with the greatest friends. Thank you for taking so many pictures. This picture sums it all up. It is absolutely BUDDYRIFIC!!!!!!!!!

Thank you again - rest up for tomorrow you have a lot of pictures to sort through. LOL

Marianne

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:39 pm 

Was going to bed but HAD to have update and Duane .. what a wonderful photo.. he is so handsome and magial as well.. thank you for sharing and am glad your home safe .. sleep well

Angels walk with us always

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:10 am 

You picked a good one fo your "Just One".
What an awesome day!! WCV really Thanked us well!
I will post my thoughts later...when we get home.

Thanks for sharing "The Duane" :lol:

Dana

Life's a Broken Winged Bird
That Can not Fly

http://www.danalusherphotos.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:24 am 

Thank you, Duane!!!!

Post subject: Re: WCV visit
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:51 pm 

OK - guess I am in "stalker mode " again :lol: but................. Buddy is sooooooooo beautiful. Thank you for the pictures.

The Kestral is fast becoming a favorite to me. Never heard of until the hurt 1 was found at NBG. They are really pretty.

The hawk has beautiful eyes - they look blue. Anyway thank you so much for sharing the wonderful pictures with us.

Dixie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:01 pm 

Thank you Duane for your wonderful pictures!! I too had never heard of a Kestrel and they are very pretty. Are they all over Virginia? I would like to see one where I live in Courtland. The hawk is a bird to also respect. Thanks you again Duane!! Keep them coming.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:47 pm 

Great, great photos Duane. Kestrels sometimes can be seen on fence posts around fields. I have seen several in the Great Bridge area. They are elusive and when one is seen it is probably by accident. LOL If they see you first, you probably will not see them. What a mightly little bird he is.

The pictures of Buddy are wonderful. Love the one you caught with his head up and mouth open, some say he was clearning his crop - I like to think he was laughing at us all crowded around him, acting like total goofs trying to talk to him and take pictures through his enclosure in all kinds of contorted positions, making all kinds of sounds like oooooh and awwwww and that nonending sound of click, click, click, click. He must think we are all absolutely nuts. LOL

Thank you for sharing these with us.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:58 pm 

Duane wrote:
Why we went and the highlight of the weekend even though a lot went on and it's still sinking in.

They really gave us an incredible experience......and it will take time to process everything......memories as well as images. It's nice to have so many images shared from so many perspectives to help us recall what we saw. Thanks for sharing your camera, too :D a dead battery won't be my fondest memory of the day.

For the animals shall not be measured by man ~ They are not our brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth ~ Henry Beston

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:15 am 
Site Admin

Beautiful faces on all the birds in these photos. Buddy is gorgeous and definitely growing up to be one handsome male. Thanks Duane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:14 am 

beautiful photos, thank you, Duane. :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:59 am 

wonderful pictures of all the birds (especially Buddy, of course). love the pic where he is yelling at you all :P

Was the kestrel losing a tail feather?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:15 am 

Was the kestrel losing a tail feather?

He left so soon we wouldn't haven't known. Dr Dave was trying to hold one minute and the next it was gone. Didn't even have time for a count down

Proud Membr of N.E.S.T.I.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:06 pm 

Oh Duane that B/W is awesome. He has that look - don't mess with me !!!!!!

Proud Membr of N.E.S.T.I.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:10 pm 

Thank you so much for the great pictures and of course for the beautiful black and white. I cannot even imagine how many pics you took. Everytime I turned one direction you were there :D and then there :D and then there :D . You must have springs in your legs. LOL :D :D :D :D :D

Thank you for sharing with us.

Marianne