[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles • View topic - Videos

Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles

NESTI (Norfolk Eagle Support Team International)
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Videos
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:25 pm 

CAUTION: Dremel procedure performed by Dr. Dave McRuer, Wildlife Center of Virginia veterinarian, to maintain alignment of "Buddy's" beak. May not be suitable for viewing if you're sensitive. Dr Dave took time before the procedure to explain what we should expect to see but once the procedure began it was performed very quickly and professionally with the focus on the patient and not us.

Video was edited for time. 10:20 min.

Dremel Procedure

For the animals shall not be measured by man ~ They are not our brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth ~ Henry Beston

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Videos
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:46 pm 

Thanks for sharing this with us. I had to go so missed this. Getting to see Buddy is the hi-lite of the weekend - he is so beautiful. Glad he is being cared for by the wonderful staff at WCV

Dixie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:47 pm 

nicely done, Ann :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:27 am 

awesome Ann and glad the batteries did not go flat through that .To see and here him so close was wonderful and love the sounds he makes .. lets them no what he doesn't like to have done .. Did not here but guess he will get pain killers after .. bit like us having out teeth done maybe ??
Thank the wildlife center for letting you lot all share that part of his treatment . and you of course for taking and posting .. having a wonderful time catching up on it all

Angels walk with us always

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:49 am 

Great video, Ann. What a nice surprise for y'all to get to see that procedure close-up! Now when we hear that he has had that done we will all know just what happened! Wish I had been there!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:01 am 
Site Admin

Great video Ann...awesome to be able to see Dr Dave and the staff working on Buddy so up close and personal...wow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:48 pm 

I'm still editing :shock:

The Wildlife Center of Virginia Meets NESTI. Video 10:31 min.

Video Link

For the animals shall not be measured by man ~ They are not our brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth ~ Henry Beston

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:34 pm 

:lol: Ann...That video was priceless! It shows us all out here too far away to attend NESTI Day that Ed is not only a man of great knowledge, but a guy with a great sense of humor! I REALLY enjoyed this one!! Ed and your video brightened up my day! THANKS!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:28 pm 

Amanda's Slide Presentation......this had everyone holding back tears...or not. 4:19 min.

Video Link

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:43 pm 

OH - Ann this needs caution too. Sittin here once again crying my eyes out.

I do thank you for posting. I don't want to forget 1 moment of this wonderful day.

Dixie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:10 pm 

What a way to start my day .Thank you Ann for posting the video and slide show .. Slide show well memories really althro Poink/Buddy's birthday cake was really a work of art .

and Ed talking to the NESTI's was brilliant .. such a giggle .. He's right we do rock ... lol

Angels walk with us always

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:08 am 
Site Admin

Ann, I've finally had the time to watch your videos. It's so great being able to relive the day like this. And I didn't realize until I watched your video that the anti-inflammitory/pain med was given orally. I had thought it was a shot! You captured some great close-ups of the action!

I love all of your videos! Ed is so funny and Amanda was funny too. "Oops, that's my dog!" :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm glad you left that in!

Great job! Now I just have to get around to processing the rest of my tapes. 3 more hours to sift through... Uggg. :shock:

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France

http://www.eaglesandnature.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:50 am 

Thanks all for the nice comments :D Chris7 and I both tried to record as much as possible to share the first annual NESTI Day with everyone, and it was an activity filled day! She mentioned editing and it does take a while so we'll continue to add as we get the video processed. Sorry about the quality on this one... my battery decided to start fading.

Check Presentation: money raised from the sale of calendars and Buddy Bucks. 1:47 min.

Video Link

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:02 am 

Ann, thanks so much for the videos. :D Ed Clark surely would have made everyone feel welcome and it is obvious how much they appreciate the support.
What a funny guy!
So glad that so many of you were able to attend. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:17 pm 

Youtube restricts videos to a 10 minute limit so Ed Clark's eloquent presentation on the work done by The Wildlife Center of Virginia had to be posted in segments :( Still very enjoyable and informative to watch :!:

In The Beginning

Teaching

Education and Bioterrorism Security

Parrotheads and Commercials