[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles • View topic - Random Images

Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles

NESTI (Norfolk Eagle Support Team International)
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Random Images
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:41 pm 

NESTI Day was a day filled with memories in the making.....friends, old and new gathering for an event that was as educational as it was fun. I can't give enough praise to the Widlife Center of Virginia staff for the exceptional experience we enjoyed with them yesterday. Thank you all!

Our photographers are much more skilled than I am so I won't focus as much on Buddy or other wildlife but some of the random moments.

Amanda Nicholson and Dr. Dave McRuer preparing to give a remarkable slide presentation. I'm sure they wondered why I was so interested in getting a picture...it's just what we cult members do.

Rose keeping the chat room updated on events

Randy Huwa and Ed Clark listening intently to Dr. Dave's presentation.

While hosting an incredible event for us, The Wildlife Center was still functioning as a working hospital...ready for any emergency. Staff taking a well deserved break.

Can you guess what everyone is watching?

Travel delivered another incredible quilt to the Center. I think I heard everyone that saw it say "I want that" !!

For the animals shall not be measured by man ~ They are not our brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth ~ Henry Beston

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Random Images
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:50 pm 

That was wonderful to see and then try to imagine being there almost. You lucky NESTI's and thank you Ann!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:45 pm 

could you tell I was holding up??

I have a distinct holding capability . . . .

:? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:52 pm 

VA_RDH wrote:
could you tell I was holding up??

I have a distinct holding capability . . . .

:? :lol:

:lol: :lol: yes, I was very impressed

For the animals shall not be measured by man ~ They are not our brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth ~ Henry Beston

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:30 pm 

Ann - what a wonderful weekend. Your pictures are great and you can tell these are great people - just look at the faces - so much joy, and all for the love of wildlife. My first trip to WCV and certainly will not be my last. Thank you Ann for sharing your little corner of the world with us, you truly do live in God's country.

Marianne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:49 pm 

Oh Ann lovely photos and was nice to see the staff doing what they do best and enjoying them selves.. thank you for sharing other parts of the day

Angels walk with us always

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:09 am 

Well dippy me had to come back and say .. TRAVEL .. soooo sorry . forgot to say how wonderful your quilt was and hope that some one's taken a photo of one or two..

Did not want to write in the dairy/diary post as just happy to read the accounts of the wonderful week end . GA you and I would have got on fine as I'm SUCH a picky eater .. and rose love the lappy and of course the colour is you .. lol
and mvk your right in a lot that you said . Well you all were .. makes me feel such a part of the day .. thanks

Angels walk with us always

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:45 am 

Ann...Wonderful "different" pictures. They show a little more of what was going on. Travel's new quilt is just gorgeous...such talent!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:33 am 
Site Admin

Great shots Ann. Loved seeing all the people excited over Buddy. Travels quilt is amazing also...wow.