[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles • View topic - eagle sculpture

Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles

NESTI (Norfolk Eagle Support Team International)
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: eagle sculpture
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:03 am 
Site Admin

Working on processing video from today. Here's a couple of stills:

Left to right: Steve Living (VDGIF), Donald R. Buma (NBG Executive Director), Tod A. Smith (WVEC-TV President & General Manager), ?, Ann P. Stokes (Landscape Architects, Eagle Plaza design)

The sculpture (bad sun)

The plaque

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France

http://www.eaglesandnature.blogspot.com/

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: eagle sculpture
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:20 am 

This is wonderful .. caught her essance from the way she flew wonderfully .. thanks for sharing ..

Angels walk with us always

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:11 am 

Thanks Chris - now the video ? No rush ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:54 am 

Chris Thanks so much for sharing. They caught exactly the way we remember her

Proud Membr of N.E.S.T.I.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:32 pm 

Chris,

Thanks so much for the pictures. What a wonderful tribute to Mom Norfolk.

Patti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

rose wrote:

I have worked ALL DAY on this video. Hours of stuff in 33 segments were in the camera. I've trimmed out 60 pieces to put together and post (including 35 pieces of who's who...). Hopefully I'll be ready to post tomorrow...

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France

http://www.eaglesandnature.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:34 am 

What an incredible tribute? How proud I feel to be a part of this community. Thank you so much for sharing. ;)

Enjoy each day, we don't know what tomorrow holds for us

I have purpose, photography and nature are in my blood now....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:27 am 

Take your time Chris. That's a big job! We will have something to look forward to.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:46 pm 

Beautiful scupture and nice tribute to our Legacy Lady.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:47 pm 

Chris7 wrote:
rose wrote:

I have worked ALL DAY on this video. Hours of stuff in 33 segments were in the camera. I've trimmed out 60 pieces to put together and post (including 35 pieces of who's who...). Hopefully I'll be ready to post tomorrow...
ouch Chris! I know how time consuming it is to edit large files of video and it's truly appreciated by everyone that couldn't be there. (but better you than me ;) )

The pictures I've seen have been fantastic but I'm excited now to hear the sounds and experience how it must have felt to be there "live". Thank you for all your efforts!

For the animals shall not be measured by man ~ They are not our brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth ~ Henry Beston

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:43 pm 

Thank you so much Chris. This is tedious work and you take all the time you need - it is well worth the wait. You are so kind to do this and share with us.

Hope to see you again soon.

Marianne

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:14 pm 
Site Admin

Great shots, Chris. Really looking forward to your video.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:55 pm 

just incase anyone has missed the Very Special Chris Videos :roll: :lol: click here :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:09 pm 

Thanks Pete for the list of Chris's videos from the Dedication. They are sooo wonderful. Thank you Chris.
:D Carolyn (cwkbird)