[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles • View topic - Favorite moment of the day

Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles

NESTI (Norfolk Eagle Support Team International)
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:33 am 

Chris7 wrote:
Funny you should mention that... This is also from Saturday, while we were waiting to see if the eagles were going to fly in for the night. I had to dig this out of the recycle bin. I'm so happy it was still in there!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BifA3FCBaJ0
ok..this is maybe my second favorite video now Image
I'm happy you were able to save it.

For the animals shall not be measured by man ~ They are not our brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth ~ Henry Beston

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:59 pm 

I have two equally favorite parts of the day and one almost-favorite part.

First, that several of our friends who have been in my prayers lately were able to be there with us.

Secondly, Reese!
I loved his recounting of the hairy moments that we experienced with him during the last 5 nesting seasons. I especially loved 2011. So simply: "2011 - Life goes on. Three more bald eagles fly free".

Thank you, Reese, for being there with us.
Thank you for all the hours you spent in chat (mostly in the years before there were moderators) answering our questions, teaching us about eagles, other raptors and wildlife conservation.
Thank you for calmly guiding us through the tragedies, without drama - teaching us to accept nature, without humanizing it. (ok, so maybe I still have a little work to do in that area)
Thank you for your many many hours at the helm of the eagle cam, giving us the most amazing views of the life of the adult eagles and their many offspring.
Thank you for the Eagle Nest Blog.
Thank you for your tireless tracking and reporting of Azalea and Camellia.
Thank you for your more-in-depth classes at the Garden.
Thank you, Reese, for your gentle smile - always, but especially when you talk about wildlife.

And my almost-favorite: Chris, and her countless hours of recording and editing this day (and so many other events) for the thousands that knew and loved "Mom", but that couldn't be there in person. It's so great to be able to re-live and share for years to come.
Thank you, Chris!!!

Cary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:27 am 

CAN I GET AN AMEN TO EVERYTHING CARY SAID?

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.
Shakespeare

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:33 am 

Amen!

For the animals shall not be measured by man ~ They are not our brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth ~ Henry Beston

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:59 am 

I'll second that!!!! AMEN!! AMEN!! :lol: :lol:

Cary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:46 am 

Amen, Amen, ♪ ♪ Amen Amen! How well said Cary! You said everything I felt too! Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:09 am 

AMEN,AMEN,AMEN.....To all of you, and you know who you are.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:30 pm 
Site Admin

lawtonlyle wrote:
I have two equally favorite parts of the day and one almost-favorite part.

First, that several of our friends who have been in my prayers lately were able to be there with us.

Secondly, Reese!
I loved his recounting of the hairy moments that we experienced with him during the last 5 nesting seasons. I especially loved 2011. So simply: "2011 - Life goes on. Three more bald eagles fly free".

Thank you, Reese, for being there with us.
Thank you for all the hours you spent in chat (mostly in the years before there were moderators) answering our questions, teaching us about eagles, other raptors and wildlife conservation.
Thank you for calmly guiding us through the tragedies, without drama - teaching us to accept nature, without humanizing it. (ok, so maybe I still have a little work to do in that area)
Thank you for your many many hours at the helm of the eagle cam, giving us the most amazing views of the life of the adult eagles and their many offspring.
Thank you for the Eagle Nest Blog.
Thank you for your tireless tracking and reporting of Azalea and Camellia.
Thank you for your more-in-depth classes at the Garden.
Thank you, Reese, for your gentle smile - always, but especially when you talk about wildlife.

And my almost-favorite: Chris, and her countless hours of recording and editing this day (and so many other events) for the thousands that knew and loved "Mom", but that couldn't be there in person. It's so great to be able to re-live and share for years to come.
Thank you, Chris!!!

Cary

Aw, what a nice comment. Thanks Cary! It means a lot to me to be able to bring these events to so many people that wish they could have been there. I don't do it for the comments, but it's nice to know that it's appreciated.

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France

http://www.eaglesandnature.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:54 pm 

AMEN CARY!!!! so beautifully put! :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:57 pm 

Another AMEN here too. Thanks.
Carolyn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:59 pm 

I have so many wonderful memories of the day. My favorite, of course, is dad soaring above at just the right time - as if on que. However, I loved the comments by Stephen Living and Reese Lukei, as well as the opportunity to meet them. I also loved the song by Holly, it was beautiful.

It sure was a magical day -- seeing old friends, meeting new friends, and sharing the day with them all. It was a spectacular event and I am so very glad I made the trip from Illinois!!!

Violet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:58 pm 

AMEN CARY!!!!!

REESE HAS GIVEN ENDLESS HOURS HELPING US ALL UNDERSTAND THESE WONDERFUL CREATURES. THE TWINKLE IN HIS EYES WHEN TALKING ABOUT THEM SAYS IT ALL!!!