[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles • View topic - Favorite moment of the day

Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles

NESTI (Norfolk Eagle Support Team International)
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:09 am 

Many of us at home waited for word of the happenings at NBG yesterday. Slowly (it seemed to us anyway) we were able to receive trickles of information about the Dedication of the Eagle Plaza. We are all very grateful for every story we hear and photo we see.

I am wondering what you would feel what was your favorite moment of the day.

Max

PS -For me ,it was the excitement felt through written words on the moderated and open chats of what a spectacular day it really was, with so many eagle and nature lovers collecting in one spot to honor our beloved 'Mom".

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:52 am 

Of course it had to be Dad's flyover. The electric shout of "Eagle!" stopped my heart. I immediately thought "couldn't be." I looked up into the crystal clear blue sky and saw him swinging in huge circles, white head and tail flashing. And, he stayed plenty long enough to be a part of the ceremony. It was breathtaking and seemed like time stopped for those moments!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:11 pm 

I TOTALLY agree with Oceanview. Dad's presence was the culmination of all the other good things that happened. He seemed to be putting his blessing on all the Eagle Nation.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:43 pm 

I saw a video on facebook someone shot of the male's flyover and it really was a goosebump moment when the crowd realized what was happening. Reese left the stage...Holly Lamar yells "Eagle" and runs off the stage :lol: "there it is!!" from the crowd..Ed Clark yelling "release the other eagle now" :shock: :lol:

I don't know which eagle group shared the video but for someone stuck at home (me) it was priceless to see.

For the animals shall not be measured by man ~ They are not our brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth ~ Henry Beston

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:56 pm 

oceanview wrote:
Of course it had to be Dad's flyover. The electric shout of "Eagle!" stopped my heart. I immediately thought "couldn't be." I looked up into the crystal clear blue sky and saw him swinging in huge circles, white head and tail flashing. And, he stayed plenty long enough to be a part of the ceremony. It was breathtaking and seemed like time stopped for those moments!

I think that was me that shouted eagle in your ear, looked up and he was coming over horizon from behind the stage. I pointed and yelled. (FELT A LITTLE EMBARRASED AFTERWARDS, INTERRUPTING THE SHOW AND ALL :oops:) As he got closer to stage area, I could see a white head, then he was soaring above us. He OWNS the garden and knows it. :) :D

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.
Shakespeare

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:05 pm 

_BG wrote:
oceanview wrote:

I think that was me that shouted eagle in your ear, looked up and he was coming over horizon from behind the stage. I pointed and yelled. (FELT A LITTLE EMBARRASED AFTERWARDS, INTERRUPTING THE SHOW AND ALL :oops:) As he got closer to stage area, I could see a white head, then he was soaring above us. He OWNS the garden and knows it. :) :D

-BG...no need for embarrassment! The day was a tribute to eagles, anyway!! :lol:

For the animals shall not be measured by man ~ They are not our brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth ~ Henry Beston

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:29 pm 

Hello everyone! I'll just bet I missed the best time ever at NBG yesterday. :cry: where is the video that you spoke of, Annsva? I really would like to see that moment of the event.

When I get to the gardens again, I'll stand in the new plaza and imagine that all of you are there with me. :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:33 pm 

nancy in va wrote:
Hello everyone! I'll just bet I missed the best time ever at NBG yesterday. :cry: where is the video that you spoke of, Annsva? I really would like to see that moment of the event.

When I get to the gardens again, I'll stand in the new plaza and imagine that all of you are there with me. :D

:( I wish I could tell you, Nancy. There are several eagle groups now on facebook and my memory doesn't allow me to remember which one posted it and I don't think you can link to a specific post? Maybe someone else knows how to find it? I hope so, anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:39 pm 

The video annsva mentioned was on the eagle peeps facebook page. It was posted by Tim Irvin (from a cell phone I believe). You will probably have to go to "older posts" to find it. Here is their site http://www.facebook.com/groups/EaglePeeps/ Really don't know if you will be able to find it. I know I have watched it 25 times. Really caught the excitement of the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:42 pm 

_BG wrote:
oceanview wrote:

No need to be embarrased. Lots of voices quickly joined in with their own shouts of "eagle!" Thank heavens folks saw him coming!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:51 pm 

Went to the gardens today. It was so quiet. My husband and I got sit all by ourselves by mom eagles beautiful statue.'M

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:12 pm 

Thanks, oceanview, for the location of the FB page. I was able to find the vid by going back to "older" posts. It was great to view the excitement.

I used to teach at Ocean View ES and guess what...Reese attended O.V.E.S. back in the day! So it's only fitting that "oceanview" solved the problem for me. THANKS!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:27 pm 

My first favorite memory from Saturday was guessing where the male Eagle would fly out from the nest tree and actually getting pictures of him leaving. :lol: My second favorite memory was hearing on one of the NBG radios there was a fender bender at the toll plaza getting into NBG and I thought for sure I heard someone say there was some rake fighting going on after the accident. :lol: :mrgreen: Third favorite memory was seeing all the Eagles soaring before/during Holly Lamars performance of her song and watching everyones reaction to seeing them flying....under my breath I was saying "rookies". :lol: (all three of the above statements are jokes ;) ) The ultimate memory was getting a phone call from my Mom asking where I was because she was near the new plaza....her and my Dad surprised me and showed up. 8-) :)

It was a great day...too bad someone is nice to mean cats. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:57 am 

My favorite moment for sure was my 2yo daughter seeing her first Bald Eagle in real life and watching her world expand taking in nature. When we all looked up to watch dad soar her eyes finally found him in the sky and she yelled 'eaggga'. Melted my heart. She did it one more time when the statue was unveiled and she pointed at that beautiful masterpiece & said 'mama eagga'.

The entire day was perfect. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:48 am 

My favorite moment was when I was manning the blog and about 1200 eagle nation bloggers clinked their glasses together at 3 pm edt in celebration of "Mom" Norfolk and then shortly after about 200 posts came in - eagle soaring over the plaza, someone yelled eagle, Holly runs off of stage and not a dry eye in the house"

I then mentally pictured all of you watching 'Dad" Norfolk.

A great day for all - whether at the Gardens or on the blog.