[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles • View topic - Favorite moment of the day

Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles

NESTI (Norfolk Eagle Support Team International)
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:23 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:20 pm
Posts: 2247
Location: Hampton, VA
Hands down, the best moment of the day was when the eagles flew over during the dedication. So many people were there that had never seen them in real life that it was a real treat! Don't get me wrong, it's a treat any time I see them. But with the crowd there, this was a magical moment. I was so filled with joy to see, hear, and feel the excitement that went through the crowd at that moment. My heart was soaring up with the eagles.

It was also great getting to meet so many other eagle enthusiasts! It's wonderful being in the company of other like-minded people.

The weather was perfect and the garden was beautiful. It ranks as one of my all-time favorite eagle days!

_________________

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot


Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France

http://www.eaglesandnature.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:18 am
Posts: 160
For me, Dad's flyover for sure! I was situated where I could commando-crawl out from the shade of the crape myrtles and lie on the grass watching him with misty eyes. (You can tell I don't get to NBG often at all...) Cary was right next to me on the grass, I sure hope she got something! :) :) It was extra special as I had seen an adult soaring over my back yard some days earlier. And then to top it all off, yesterday I was driving to Richmond on I-64, and saw an adult going after a roadkill deer IN THE MIDDLE LANE :o :o :o but it aborted the landing, thank goodness. Three adults in 10 days or less-- for me, that's a life record!

And of course, meeting new faces was tied for first place favorite! :D


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:50 pm
Posts: 165
nancy in va wrote:
Thanks, oceanview, for the location of the FB page. I was able to find the vid by going back to "older" posts. It was great to view the excitement.

I used to teach at Ocean View ES and guess what...Reese attended O.V.E.S. back in the day! So it's only fitting that "oceanview" solved the problem for me. THANKS!!


How neat is that? Glad I could help. Not a native, but have been in OV for 43 years. Love the neighborhood.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 569
Location: Chesapeake, VA
My Favorites:

1. The flyover at just the right time :)
2. Listening to Mike explain over and over he was NOT Duane or Bob :lol:
3. Of course meeting so many nice people :)

Side note:
I'm really not one that enjoys crowds/notoriety, so I was a little overwhelmed at the attention some of us photogs received. I really wanted to run when I first got there and the tram, every seat packed, drove by and someone yelled "That's shutterbug Bob!" and everyone started calling my name :shock:

Overall, it was a day to remember and was glad I could be there.

_________________
Image
http://shutterbugbob.smugmug.com/Nature


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:17 pm
Posts: 2003
Location: Work getting in the way of my photography hobby.
ShutterbugBob wrote:

Side note:
I'm really not one that enjoys crowds/notoriety, so I was a little overwhelmed at the attention some of us photogs received. I really wanted to run when I first got there and the tram, every seat packed, drove by and someone yelled "That's shutterbug Bob!" and everyone started calling my name :shock:

Overall, it was a day to remember and was glad I could be there.

Just be thankful you weren't near Holly and a crowd...she is good at introducing people when they don't want to be introduced. :lol:

Sorry Mike. :lol:

_________________
My Photography Website


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:03 pm
Posts: 696
Location: Va
Duane wrote:
My first favorite memory from Saturday was guessing where the male Eagle would fly out from the nest tree and actually getting pictures of him leaving. :lol: My second favorite memory was hearing on one of the NBG radios there was a fender bender at the toll plaza getting into NBG and I thought for sure I heard someone say there was some rake fighting going on after the accident. :lol: :mrgreen: Third favorite memory was seeing all the Eagles soaring before/during Holly Lamars performance of her song and watching everyones reaction to seeing them flying....under my breath I was saying "rookies". :lol: (all three of the above statements are jokes ;) ) The ultimate memory was getting a phone call from my Mom asking where I was because she was near the new plaza....her and my Dad surprised me and showed up. 8-) :)

It was a great day...too bad someone is nice to mean cats. :lol:


Aaaaw, that's so sweet Duane. I was wondering if your parents were there. And, I believe you did say rookies. :lol: :lol:

_________________
Brenda



One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.
Shakespeare


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Posts: 37
Thanks for all these wonderful comments.

Perhaps in my first post I should have mentioned that more than likely I expected everyone to mention the soaring by Dad would have been the number one moment. If I had been lucky enough to have been there that just might have been mine too.

It is such fun to hear all these special moments from you all.

Max

Not to single Duane out -but I am going to :) - Just how special was that that your parents came to join you on that very special day. Love it........


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:50 pm
Posts: 3913
Location: Shenandoah Valley
ShutterbugBob wrote:
My Favorites:

1. The flyover at just the right time :)
2. Listening to Mike explain over and over he was NOT Duane or Bob :lol:
3. Of course meeting so many nice people :)

Side note:
I'm really not one that enjoys crowds/notoriety, so I was a little overwhelmed at the attention some of us photogs received. I really wanted to run when I first got there and the tram, every seat packed, drove by and someone yelled "That's shutterbug Bob!" and everyone started calling my name :shock:

Overall, it was a day to remember and was glad I could be there.

Oh that's too funny!! Did you happen to overhear Duane introduce himself as "Joe"? He's been known to do that :D

_________________
For the animals shall not be measured by man ~ They are not our brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth ~ Henry Beston


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:09 pm
Posts: 498
Location: Norfolk, Va
What a day it was with so many wonderful people all gathered to honor the life and memory of a very special female eagle. My favorite was watching Dad E circle the statue area as if to honor Mom E and the first chapter, then circling the stage and crowd of people as if in transition and then introduction to the second chapter - his new mate as they soared together.

Marianne

_________________
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:03 pm
Posts: 696
Location: Va
MVK wrote:
What a day it was with so many wonderful people all gathered to honor the life and memory of a very special female eagle. My favorite was watching Dad E circle the statue area as if to honor Mom E and the first chapter, then circling the stage and crowd of people as if in transition and then introduction to the second chapter - his new mate as they soared together.

Marianne


Well said, Marianne. :( :)

_________________
Brenda



One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.
Shakespeare


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:48 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:20 pm
Posts: 2247
Location: Hampton, VA
annsva wrote:
ShutterbugBob wrote:
My Favorites:

1. The flyover at just the right time :)
2. Listening to Mike explain over and over he was NOT Duane or Bob :lol:
3. Of course meeting so many nice people :)

Side note:
I'm really not one that enjoys crowds/notoriety, so I was a little overwhelmed at the attention some of us photogs received. I really wanted to run when I first got there and the tram, every seat packed, drove by and someone yelled "That's shutterbug Bob!" and everyone started calling my name :shock:

Overall, it was a day to remember and was glad I could be there.

Oh that's too funny!! Did you happen to overhear Duane introduce himself as "Joe"? He's been known to do that :D

Funny you should mention that... This is also from Saturday, while we were waiting to see if the eagles were going to fly in for the night. I had to dig this out of the recycle bin. I'm so happy it was still in there!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BifA3FCBaJ0

_________________

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot


Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France

http://www.eaglesandnature.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:50 pm
Posts: 165
Chris--Oh no you ditn't!! Hysterical. Even got his dimples :lol:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:17 pm
Posts: 2003
Location: Work getting in the way of my photography hobby.
Chris7 wrote:
annsva wrote:
ShutterbugBob wrote:
My Favorites:

1. The flyover at just the right time :)
2. Listening to Mike explain over and over he was NOT Duane or Bob :lol:
3. Of course meeting so many nice people :)

Side note:
I'm really not one that enjoys crowds/notoriety, so I was a little overwhelmed at the attention some of us photogs received. I really wanted to run when I first got there and the tram, every seat packed, drove by and someone yelled "That's shutterbug Bob!" and everyone started calling my name :shock:

Overall, it was a day to remember and was glad I could be there.

Oh that's too funny!! Did you happen to overhear Duane introduce himself as "Joe"? He's been known to do that :D

Funny you should mention that... This is also from Saturday, while we were waiting to see if the eagles were going to fly in for the night. I had to dig this out of the recycle bin. I'm so happy it was still in there!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BifA3FCBaJ0

You can see my facial expression I didn't want to be on camera...sorta rolled my eyes. I was trying to think of something corny to do but was caught off guard. I was tired and that's the story I'm going to stick with for now. :lol: :mrgreen:

_________________
My Photography Website


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:50 pm
Posts: 165
Duane--I thought you were cool under pressure. Your Joe--Joe Dirt reminds me of Bond--James Bond! :D


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:52 pm
Posts: 3811
Location: VA Beach
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
http://www.pbase.com/coastalva


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY
[ Time : 0.107s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]