[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles • View topic - Videos from the Dedication

Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles

NESTI (Norfolk Eagle Support Team International)
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Banners (0:16)
Dedication area (0:48) This is the field where the dedication was held. The crowd has already started to gather.
Eagle Kite (0:58) This is in the field where the dedication was held. I really like this! (I want one!)
Dedication part 1 (7:20) Donald R Buma, Norfolk Botanical Garden Executive Director, welcomes the eagle nation and introduces Steve Living, Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries.
Dedication part 2 (2:59) Donald R Buma introduces Tod A. Smith, WVEC-TV President & General Manager.
Dedication part 3 (6:40) Donald R Buma introduces Reese Lukei, Research Associate and Moderator from the Center for Consevation Biology at the College of William and Mary.
Dedication part 4 (3:52) Donald R Buma recognizes the mod squad, Tim Nuckols (Nuckols Tree Care), and Ed Clark (Wildlife Center of Virginia). He introduces Renee Wampler, Chair of Norfolk Botanical Garden Education Comittee to read a poem written by Poplar Halls Elementary School 5th graders Russell Bell, Lauryn Anderson-Davis, Kiara Gray, and Kahmile Whitby.
Dedication part 5 (2:19) Donald R Buma introduces David McDonald, who is providing an upgraded camera for the eagle cam: HD, wide angle, infrared, and with sound. He also recognizes Sherry Widmer's children's song: Norfolk Bald Eaglets Three. Then he introduced Holly Lamar, to perform her new single "Eagle."
Dedication part 6 (11:07) Holly Lamar makes some remarks before performing her new song "Eagle." During her remarks, an eagle flew overhead. Then she performs her new song.
Dedication part 7 (3:02) Donald R Buma points out where the eagle statues are throughout the garden. He then introduces Ann P Stokes, of Landscape Architects, who designed the eagle plaza. We are then invited to go over to the eagle plaza.
Reveal of the sculpture “Spilling the Wind” (1:50) This is the reveal of the sculpture, with MVK, congowings, Steve Living, Reese Lukei and Perry Mathewes doing the honors.
Eagle Tribute Plaza (1:32)
Nest and Sticks (0:36) (I know, another one of sticks. But I've included the nest in this one!)
Eagle People! (4:27) This is my favorite video from the day! I know I missed a lot of people. I remember a bunch of people that were there, but they aren’t on here. Sorry! But I’ll be out again at more events and I look forward to making part 2, and 3, and 4… And you can always come up to me to get your “spot” recorded!
Osprey (0:17) This osprey flew over the dedication area.
Flying in at sunset (0:16) The perfect ending to the perfect day! This was shot at 6:52PM and sunset was at 6:30PM. So, it was pretty dark!

Enjoy!

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France

http://www.eaglesandnature.blogspot.com/

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:39 pm 

Chris7, this is incredible video documentation of October 15th's events...especially for those who could not attend. (me) THANK YOU for this treasure. I will watch all of the parts soon, but have already enjoyed selecting some highlights to view.

THANKS SO MUCH for taking your time to do this. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:44 pm 

Chris, I feel like I was there after watching the videos. Thanks Rhoda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:48 pm 

Wow! No wonder it took so much time to do this! You did an amazing job! Thanks! :P

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:27 am 

Shhh .......don't tell my early AM travel buddies that I stayed up this late watching these videos. I am the designated driver. :lol: :roll: :lol:

The videos are amazing and I had to watch them all. Made me feel as though I was truly there. Oh wait, I was.......... I was one of Sue's stick people :D :D :D :D

Max

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:12 am 

Chris - thank you so very much. The videos are terrific. Standing O for you girl!!!

I felt like I was there at the gardens with all of you. When I spoke to Congowings on the phone that day, I said something like Congo please tell me that Chris is recording. Congo giggled and said yes, she sat right next to me and recorded the whole thing. I really got excited, told Congo that I was counting on you and you didn't disappoint me. I know I had a huge grin on my face at that time. I then said if you see Chris before you leave NBG please tell her thank you from Shoebutton♥

Once again, thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:47 am 

Again, I know how much effort you put into editing and posting these videos for everyone to enjoy. "Thank you" feels inadequate for what you've shared with giving your time and talent, but they're the only words I have....thank you, Chris! I think I'll probably be watching several of them more than once. :D

For the animals shall not be measured by man ~ They are not our brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth ~ Henry Beston

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:22 am 

Oh. Bummer...I seem to be the only one not able to see the videos. I'm get a message that says....theURL contained malformed video id. Anyone else get this message? It could be that I am using an I pad...
Thanks Chris for posting...I will try on my other computer. This hopefully we be a good season with dad and his new lady.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:36 am 

WOW, Chris. There is no way to thank you enough! This represents your diligent work the day of the dedication and many hours of work after-the-fact. You are definitely our "archivist." Such a great way to capture the day and be able to enjoy it over and over. Love ya! :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:03 pm 

Great job, Chris. Thank you very much. :D

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.
Shakespeare

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:40 pm 

Chris,thank you so much for the video,made me feel like I was there with everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:57 pm 

that eagle kite has been hanging in the foyer by the education hallway forever . . no one ever sees it . . . but now they'll notice 8-)

Kinda pricey at $80, but still pretty cool :ugeek: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:51 pm 
Photographer

Thanks Chris - I'm slowly re-visiting them all! I can't believe you put that clip in there of me!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:09 pm 

Thank you Chris7 from all of us who could not attend. That was just breathtaking...I will have to watch it again, as I could hardly see through my tears. How wonderful and fitting for Dad to make an appearance.
I felt like I was there, thank you so much.....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:22 pm 

Wow, Chris - that was the show topper! Thanks so much for posting. I loved it all...but especially seeing faces to all my peep names. You are da bomb!!