[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles • View topic - New Kemps Lake eagle's nest

Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles

NESTI (Norfolk Eagle Support Team International)
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:05 am 

Hopefully this image works because it's linked from my FB page. Either way about a month ago the location of the new Kemps Lake eagles nest was discovered and soon after Reese Lukei was notified of it's location. They picked an ideal place to nest for privacy and it's located on private property that's on the Elizabeth River. I'm a photographer first and look for ideal shooting situations and because of the sun angle on this nest and it's location it's not one I will be photographing. This will just be an observation nest with some early morning drive-by's just to check on how they're doing.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Duane. That nest looks tiny. I suppose they still have plenty of time to add to it before the eggs come. I hope they are left in peace at this location.

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France

http://www.eaglesandnature.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:07 am 

This was taken about a month ago yesterday and my guess is they've been working on it for a month prior to that around the time eagles start working on their nests in this area which is around the end of September. I haven't been back since this image was taken. I had planned to stop by yesterday but with the rain I just did house work.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:34 am 
Site Admin

I didn't realize this was an older picture. I'd imagine the nest is much bigger now. I'd love to see an updated photo when you get the chance.

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France

http://www.eaglesandnature.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:19 am 

The sunrise is right in your face as you look at the picture I posted and this is the only angle for the nest to photograph from. I'm not a big fan of having the sun in front of me taking pictures..it tends to mess up the photo's. :D